We have provided a large section of questions and answers below. These are questions often asked during phone conversations with us by those interested in pursuing a career as a hypnotherapists. We hope we have covered the majority of your questions. If you have further questions please go to our contact page and send them to us via the message form or if you would like to enrol please go to our contact page fill in the message form including your phone number along with a suitable time for us to call you to organise an interview.
We have provided a large section of questions and answers below. These are questions often asked during phone conversations with us by those interested in pursuing a career as a hypnotherapist. We hope we have covered most of your questions. If you have further questions go to our contact page and you are welcome to send them to us via the message form or would if you would like to enrol please go to our contact page fill in the message form including your phone number and we can arrange a suitable time for us to interview you.
1. Who is the Certificate of Clinical Hypnotherapy suitable for:
The Certificate is a starting off point for those who want to begin a career as a Clinical Hypnotherapist. The course delivers a comprehensive basic level of understanding and is designed to get you started practising with clients.
2. Who is the Certificate and Diploma of Clinical Hypnotherapy suitable for: Applications are invited from any mature person of stable mental health. There are no prerequisites before you commence the Certificate or Diploma training. Perhaps you have felt a Soul calling to be of service to others working in the field of hypnotherapy and want to incorporate your spiritual beliefs but just haven’t found the right course yet. You may already be an alternative therapist wanting to add a new set of skills to your existing modalities. This course is designed for the person who wants to challenge themselves, is open to being challenged in a supportive environment and prepared for deep work and transformation.
3. Who is it (the training) not suitable for:
(a) Anyone looking for a shortcut into the profession of Clinical Hypnotherapy (Contrary to what you might have read or heard about, there are no shortcuts). Australian hypnotherapy associations demand a minimum of a Diploma level qualification in order to join them. A basic online course or 3-4-day weekend training event will simply not satisfy joining requirements.
(b) Those that have major criminal convictions or have served time in prison. Working in the hypnotherapy profession requires a police check for association membership and practitioner insurance.
(c) Anyone who suffers severe mental health problems or are under the care of a psychiatrist. Students who enrol on any training course run by Clinical Hypnotherapy Training and do not truthfully answer the enrolment question regarding mental health status may be asked to leave the training if problems occur.
(d) Those that have trouble with being critiqued or receiving mentoring in a group setting
4. Who attends your courses: People from all walks of life and educational backgrounds such as Stay at home mums returning to work, Factory workers, Tradespeople, Medical doctors, Dentists, Psychologists, Counsellors, Nurses, Accountants, Alternative health practitioners, and more.
5. How much of the live training is practise: A substantial part of the training involves experiential practice. You need to do this in order to feel confident and able to place a person into a rapid and deep level of hypnosis after all if you can’t do this you can’t really call yourself a hypnotist.
6. Can I join a Hypnotherapy Association after completing your training: Yes there are several associations you can join, by simply applying to the association of your choice and providing your qualification and transcript of studies along with other requirements that may need to be met.
7. Can I obtain a Private Health Provider Number: Yes, this is done by joining a hypnotherapy association that provides its members access to private health fund provider numbers.
8. Government accredited versus Non-Government Accredited and what is the difference: We are not Government Accredited nor an RTO. Since national deregulation of hypnotherapy, Government Accreditation is not necessary to practise. Any institution that tells you that you must be Government accredited to practise hypnotherapy is incorrect. Most of the inflated cost of courses available is attributable to the ongoing costs of running an RTO. Also, we focus on training on affordable effective practical hypnosis/hypnotherapy methods, not overpriced academic theory.
9. Do the trainers hypnotise the students. Not just relax them (relaxotherapy), but really hypnotise them. I’ve heard there is a difference: Yes, our trainers do use students for demonstration purposes to show the effectiveness of true depth of hypnosis. It’s truly a worry how many hypnotherapy trainers Can’t or Won’t demonstrate the skills and expertise required to induce true hypnosis or an effective instant or rapid induction. This really doesn’t show much hypnotic expertise so generally, their training may create only average hypnotists. That’s fine if that’s what you aspire to be.
10 Who are the Trainers and what is their clinical experience: Lorna and John Jackson, Clinical Hypnotherapists / Psychotherapists, running their own busy clinics in South-East Queensland both in Brisbane and the Gold Coast since 2003 – current
11. What are the Trainers qualifications:
(a) Therapeutic Hypnotists, Hypnosis Trainers, Psychotherapists, Regression Specialists, Stop Smoking and Weight Loss Specialists, Public Speakers, Authors.
(b) Dip Hypnosis, Dip Adv Hypnosis, Dip Ego State Therapy, Dip Resource Therapy, Advanced Clinical RT Therapists & Trainers. Lead trainers at Clinical Hypnotherapy Training
12. Do the trainers hold a teaching qualification: They have achieved 15 years’ experience as trainers running their recognised training courses both in Australia and internationally. Over these years they have lectured to many and trained hundreds of students many of whom have gone on to work successfully in the professions of hypnotherapy and regression therapy this stands as a testament to their no-nonsense training ability. They successfully impart their many years of real-world knowledge, experience and life skills concisely, free of psychobabble.
13.What are the trainer’s personality types: Open, Real, Approachable, Ethical, Grounded.
14. Does Clinical Hypnotherapy Training align with Professional association OR government recognition: Lorna and John have taught professional hypnotherapy recognised and accredited courses. Clinical Hypnotherapy Training has decided that it currently wants to remain outside of the current regulating bodies until the profession begins to align itself on an ethical basis. This does not mean that the courses are subpar. To the contrary, they are designed to meet the current professional standards
15. Upon graduation is there any ongoing aftercare provided, for example, further training, or supervision / mentoring: There are online videos and zoom group sessions also the availability to speak to the trainers via phone to address any discuss any concerns.
16. What is the quality of Qualifications gained during the training: The quality of the qualification received is of a professional industry standard that meets or exceeds current professional requirements
17. What is the Curriculum or Syllabus taught: The extensive Syllabus is outlined on the various course pages on the website where you downloaded this prospectus.
18. Do you teach other modalities, and if you do, their uses and what styles do you combine for example, eclectic or cognitive: Yes we do teach other modalities during our courses these are either our own as in Personality Integration Process which combines a balanced mixture of both eclectic, cognitive styles. We also explore the use of other modalities during the training, which types to use and when to use them to overcome various issues presented by clients.
19. What is your group size and student-trainer ratio: Group size can vary from 6 to 16 students having two trainers on hand ensures a quick response to any questions and when supervising experiential work.
20. What is the course structure and how is it organised: Having run many training courses over many years the course structure is designed to suit a broad range of people from all backgrounds, academic achievement and is organised for all learning styles whether they be Listening (audio), Seeing (visual) or practical – hands-on (kinaesthetic).
21. Do your courses offer a balance of theory and practice: An excellent balance of both theory and practice is included in our courses.
22. Is there any practice with public included: We don’t take students into public places to work with the public (street hypnosis) we consider your fellow students are representative of the public.
23. Do you supply course manuals: Extensive course manuals are included in all training courses as is detailed written knowledge of all therapies.
24. How do you Assess the knowledge gained by students during the training: Assessment is carried out both with in house training and open book exam and submitted case studies
25. How do you assess the practice of students and their ability to carry out effective hypnosis inductions and to carry out therapy: Via students demonstrating the ability to adequately hypnotise a subject and group work also via case studies written up and recorded on audio (Soul Regression Therapy).
26. How much homework is involved, what is the quality of homework expected: Homework is a mixture of reading mandatory books manuals etc, also open book exam and case study work. Whilst some students don’t like the idea of having to complete homework it helps each student to further develop their knowledge and confidence. Completing homework tasks shows your determination to succeed and your ability to work independently qualities you must have to work and become a success in the profession of hypnotherapy.
27. Do you provide supervision / mentoring: Daily group mentoring/supervision occurs throughout the training course usually daily.
28. What is the length of your courses in days 5 days for Certificate of Clinical Hypnotherapy, 13 days for the Diploma of Clinical Hypnotherapy and 19 days for the Advanced Diploma of Clinical Hypnotherapy.
29. During the course how many hours of live training with a tutor are included: Certificate of Clinical Hypnotherapy = 40 hours, Diploma of Clinical Hypnotherapy = 104 hours, Advanced Diploma of Clinical Hypnotherapy = 128 hours.
30. What is the training frequency of your courses: The Certificate, Diploma and Advanced Diploma of Clinical Hypnotherapy are held 1 to 2 times per year, Soul Regression currently 4 times per year (see website for details)
31. Is the training continuous or separated into blocks: The Certificate of Clinical Hypnotherapy is run in one block of 5 days. The Diploma of Clinical Hypnotherapy is run in 3 blocks consisting of 5 days + 4 days + 4 Days, The Advanced Diploma of Clinical Hypnotherapy is the Diploma plus the 6-day Soul Regression practitioner training.
32. Is the training run on weekends: We always endeavour to start each module on a Friday so that at least two of the training days fall on a weekend. This minimises using annual leave for those taking time off work to attend a course.
33. What are the dates and availability of your courses: see the website for advertised dates and locations
34. What is the overall cost of your courses including books, etc: see the website for all current prices and required reading which is available via various online book retailer either electronically or hardcopy via free postage
35. Where are your courses run: The Certificate, Diploma and Advanced Diploma of Clinical Hypnotherapy = Sydney and the Gold Coast, Soul Regression Training is held in Sydney, Melbourne and on the Gold coast
36. Do you rely on certain numbers to hold your courses and are my deposits or payments safe: Yes, as like many other training institutions Clinical Hypnotherapy Training does rely on a certain number of students attending each scheduled course to make that course viable. The Clinical Hypnotherapy Training promises and always undertakes to keep those enrolled and attending fully informed as to the status of the running of each course.
37. Is my money paid to you safe in the event of my training course being cancelled: All student deposits and payments are safely accounted for and the companies Real Hypnosis Training PTY LTD, and Spiritual Regression Australia PTY LTD employ an independent certified accountant, file all due documentation and are fully solvent. In the event of a course being cancelled by Clinical Hypnotherapy Training, another course will be offered or fees fully refunded. We do not cover losses from airfares paid or accommodation booked so please make sure that any arrangements you make for travel or accommodation are refundable. This is an important factor and a question to ask any Training institution you are paying money to.
38. What happens if I am sick or miss days of the course: No diploma or Certificate can be issued if days are missed. Any student that misses day/s of attendance is welcome to join in the next available identical course for no cost to enable them to complete the missed day/s.
39. Do you have other marketing materials you can send out: This prospectus is provided to give you an in-depth look at what Clinical Hypnotherapy Training is currently offering. We try to make sure that these marketing materials are informative, helpful, easy to read and able to be understood by a broad range of people. We do our utmost best not to make any wild claims about our courses or exaggerate outcomes of therapies taught or of the resolution of client issues.
40. After I finish my training with Clinical Hypnotherapy Training what issues will I be qualified to work with: Those completing the Certificate of Clinical Hypnotherapy will be able to work on a basic level assisting clients. Diploma of Clinical Hypnotherapy Students will be able to assist their clients with many issues including the more complex, these are outlined in the Syllabus. Using the eclectic styles of therapies taught they will be able to blend these to assist in resolving a varied range of client issues presented.
41. Do I receive a Certificate at the end of the 5-day Certificate of Clinical Yes, all persons attending the Certificate of Clinical Hypnotherapy 5 days will be issued with a Certificate at the end of the final day.
42. Do I receive my Diploma of Clinical Hypnotherapy on the final day of training: No, After you complete the final module you then need to send in your open book exam paper along with your case studies etc which will be marked and assessed for you to receive your Diploma and transcript of studies.
43. How long do I have to submit the exam and case studies: You have 9 months to complete your requirements for the Diploma and Soul Regression Therapy. In certain instances, you can apply for an extension. (please contact the trainers if you require an extension).
44. Do I receive my certificate of Soul Regression Therapy after completing the Soul regression Training: At the completion of the final day of training you receive a Certificate of Completion you can then display this on your wall to receive a full certification as Soul regression Practitioner you must submit your written and recorded case studies within 9 months of completing your training. (please contact the trainers if you require an extension).
45. Does the Soul Regression Training have a different enrolment process: Yes, full detailed information is available at soulregressiontherapy.com.au. If you are ready to enrol for Soul Regression Training, please contact Lorna Jackson on +61411886796.
46. Do you have a payment plan for course fees: There is a payment plan available. Please call us to discuss.